Your Legal Team
Syrah Yusuf is one of the founding Partners at Erudite Law LLP.
In her client-focused practice, Syrah’s primary objective is to ensure that her clients understand the advice they receive and feel confident in the choices they make. When determining a plan to meet a client’s business, or personal, needs Syrah’s well-rounded practice ensures that all their bases are covered.
Syrah serves individuals, business owners and entrepreneurs in the areas listed below:
- Opening a business – choosing and establishing the correct business structure;
- Buying or selling a business (asset purchase, asset sale, share purchase, share sale);
- Alternative financing for your transaction (Vendor Take Backs, Share Pledger Agreements)
- Personalized contract drafting – creating unique contracts to suit your business’ specialized needs as well as standard form contracts, such as master service agreements, employment agreements, independent contractor agreements, Non-Disclosure Agreements, etc.); and
- Contracts for business partners, Partnership Agreements, Shareholders Agreements and Joint Venture agreements, to protect ongoing business relationships.
Wills and Estates:
- Establish a comprehensive estate plan in consideration of each client’s unique family needs and tax considerations;
- Preparing/drafting a client’s Last Will and Testament;
- Preparing Certificate of Appointment of Estate Trustee (with/without a Will) applications; and
- Support services for Estate Trustees/Executors, including but not limited to:
- Liaising with banks and other service providers to wind up an individual’s affairs after death; and
- Advertising for creditors.
- Preparing Powers of Attorney documents; and
- Guardianship applications for adults.
Real Estate Law:
- Buying and selling residential properties and land;
- Buying and selling commercial properties and land;
- Pre-Construction condominium purchases;
- Pre-Construction agreement of purchase and sale reviews;
- Mortgage refinancing;
- Title transfers; and
- Survivorship applications.
Outside of her practice, Syrah is on the Board of Directors of a not-for-profit organization focused on strengthening the bond between children in foster care with their community.
When not working or volunteering, Syrah likes to crochet and listen to true crime podcasts.
Bar Admission & Education
University of Windsor, J.D., 2016
University of Detroit Mercy, J.D., 2016
University of Toronto, Hon. B.Sc., 2013 (Psychology, Mathematics, French)